- Domain name transfer instructions
- This page outlines the procedures required for .au, .nz, .uk & gTLD (.com .net .biz .info & .org) domain name transfers between registrars. For country code domain name transfers (for example .ca), or bulk transfer requests (more than 20 domains) please contact our technical support team on 1300 669 306, or email firstname.lastname@example.org .au domain [...]Read more – ‘Domain name transfer instructions’.
- Find publicly available information on who is the registrar and contact details for a particular domain name Australia Ausregistry The rest of the world DNS Stuff (some free tools but for more stuff you need to purchase access)Read more – ‘WHOIS’.
- Loud Mountain domain name servers
- You want your new website to appear when someone types your domain name into a browser. For that to happen you need to ‘point’ your domain name to our servers. Here’s how: Login to your domain name Registrar’s website to ‘administer’ your domain name The terminology in this step changes with almost every registrar; go [...]Read more – ‘Loud Mountain domain name servers’.
- Where do I get my Domain Password from?
- .au Domain Name Passwords Use the Domain Name Password tool to recover your .au domain name password. The Authcode password may also be called the “Registry Key” or “Domain Password” or “UDAI Key”. All other domain names You will need to request the Authcode domain password from your current registrar before changing registrars. Depending on your existing registrar’s [...]Read more – ‘Where do I get my Domain Password from?’.
- Why register more than one domain name?
- Registering more than one domain name has a number of advantages. If you register your business name (eg fosterelectrics.com.au) you can also register other names that people may search for you under. In the above example you may sell light bulbs, so you might register fosterlightbulbs.com.au as well. Having more than one domain name does [...]Read more – ‘Why register more than one domain name?’.
- Registering a .org.au
- auDA policies for .au domains In order to comply with auDA policies for the registration of .au domains yourdomain.org.au must be an: exactly match, acronym or abbreviation of the registrant’s company or trading name, organisation or association name or trademark, or otherwise closely and substantially connected to the registrant. Loud Mountain has partnered with TPPInternet [...]Read more – ‘Registering a .org.au’.
Resources by keyword
3rd party software
Resources by category