South Gippsland Hospital required a professional website to serve the community as a local health information portal and to streamline their administration procedures. The Executive Management of South Gippsland Hospital is happy to recommend Loud Mountain as an extremely competent and reliable service provider. Secure staff and board member area. Multiple blog template design [...]
About Loud Mountain
Web design and hosting. Learn more
- Want to boost your memory and mood? Take a nap, but keep it short
- A brief nap can not only reduce sleepiness but also improve cognitive functioning and psychomotor performance (the brain telling the body to move). A few minutes of shut-eye also considerably enhances short-term memory and mood. These benefits are similar to those experienced after consuming caffeine (or other stimulant medications), but without the side effects of [...] Read more – ‘Want to boost your memory and mood? Take a nap, but keep it short’.
- Blasting the Myth of the Fold
- Stop worrying about the fold. Don’t throw your best practices out the window, but stop cramming stuff above a certain pixel point. You’re not helping anyone. Open up your designs and give your users some visual breathing room. If your content is compelling enough your users will read it to the end. via Blasting the [...] Read more – ‘Blasting the Myth of the Fold’.
- A Truly Ambitious Product Idea: Making Stuff for People
- In terms of making technology work for humans, I couldn’t agree more with Dave Feldman’s article on Boxes and Arrows (one of my favourite blogs): …I can’t help thinking we’ve skipped our vegetables and gone straight to dessert. We are insinuating ourselves into more and more of people’s lives, yet we haven’t managed to meet [...] Read more – ‘A Truly Ambitious Product Idea: Making Stuff for People’.